21 Day Fix

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Holiday Goals!

Here we go! The countdown is on for the holiday season and I am not AT ALL ready! I'm usually pretty good about being prepared for this time of year, but this year I'm not. Top it all off with the fact that my youngest has a Christmas Day birthday and it's very easy for me to begin to feel overwhelmed.

The time between Halloween and New Years the average American gains anywhere between 7-12 lbs. I was starting out the holiday season with the goal of NOT putting on any weight. But I have finally broken a plateau (that I was stuck at since September!) and I have decided to up the ante! In order for me to stay accountable, I'm sharing my goals WITH you! When I announce my goals I am more likely to stick to them. So here I am sharing my goals WITH you and inviting you on my continued journey.



NOVEMBER/DECEMBER/JANUARY GOALS


1. Lose 5 lbs. This is the last of the weight I am looking to lose. I also know that I shouldn't obsess over the scale but my ultimate goal is to lose 5 lbs of FAT and then start gaining lean muscle mass. Which means I need to lose a little more and then can start some serious weight training (Body Beast is on my radar as my next Beachbody program!).

2. Complete P90X3. If I stick to my plan and according to when I started, I should be entering my final week of P90X3 January 6th. This will be HUGE for me as I have found this program more challenging than 21 Day Fix AND I am not digging getting up at 5:00 a.m. since winter has settled in.

3. Workout 6 Days a Week. P90X3 has one rest day a week (or you can do a workout that is mainly stretching). I have been playing with my rest day but really need to stick to the P90X3 schedule and take my rest day when it is scheduled. I know the schedule was made for a reason the way it is and that way os to give tou maximum results over the 90 days. Making whatever day a rest day is NOT going to get me to where I want to be when I am done is January!

4. Increase my dense vegetable intake when I am hungry. Sounds simple, right? But for me when I'm hungry I'd MUCH rather go for seconds for a carb than a veggie!

5. One plate at Thanksgiving. I don't plan on excluding certain items this year. After all it's not about eliminating the things you love. It's about learning to have proper portion sizes and not overdoing it! So there won't be any seconds for me (unless they are nutrient dense vegetable!)

6. Limit my holiday baking. This will by far be the toughest one for me. I love to bake! And I love to bake at Christmas. I would typically make 5-6 different types of cookies and sweets for the holiday. This includes sugar cookies, sweet breads, chocolate chip cookies, fudge, candied pecans. The list goes on. And on. And on! This year I only plan on making sugar cookies with the kids. Cranberry orange bread and of course cupcakes for my sons birthday.

So there you have it. My 6 goals to see me through the holiday season! I plan on spending less time in the kitchen (baking and eating) and more time concentrating on healthier habits and spending the time with my family.



No comments:

Post a Comment