21 Day Fix

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Ain't Nobody Got Time for That!

My life before Beachbody felt hectic. Like I was always trying to find the time to get everything done and get to the gym. "I only need an hour" I used to say to myself. Just one hour at the gym at least 5 days a week and I'll get these last 20 lbs off.

Well 5 days a week with two young children was pretty close to impossible. Between preschool, play dates, keeping up on the day to day household stuff it was, for me, a challenge. Just getting to the gym was exhausting. If you have children that use car seats, you know what it's like. Get one buckled in, get the other buckled in, run back in the house because you forgot something, run back out, get yourself buckled in, 15 minutes to get to the gym (well there goes a half an hour). Walk the two small children into the gym. This is a task that that can seriously take 10 minutes. "Look Mommy, a leaf! I want to catch it, oh look Mommy! an airplane..." (you get the idea). Check the kids into the on site child care center and finally 40 minutes later, whew! you're ready to workout...

Well my 5 day a week dream quickly dwindled down to 2. 2 days a week to workout. Guess it's better than nothing, right? So two days a week, I would actually pay MORE money so I could drop my 4 year old off at preschool earlier so I could get to the gym. So now the gym was not only costing me more time (because I had to get her to school earlier and first) it was costing me more money!

Top that all off with what I call the "Mommy Diet". You know the one, where you feed your children first then quickly throw together something while they eat (usually something that can be "cooked" in a microwave and closely resembles a chicken nugget shaped dinosaur) because it's quick and easy and heck, they were already out because that's what the kids are eating. As soon as you go to take that first bite, someone needs more milk, more fruit or better yet after two bites is "done". So you're left alone with your handful of dinosaurs and two plates of half eaten dinosaurs. In between the children calling your name now because they need help getting a toy of the shelf or are almost ready to cause serious damage to each other, you try to eat. You eat yours, you finish theirs...

So now, I'm paying for a gym membership I use 2 days a week, paying more for my daughter to go to preschool earlier so I can go to the gym I only go to 2 days a week. Paying for the hour my son is at the on site child care center so I can go to the gym I only go to 2 days a week AND am eating my lunch and theirs because it's easy and it's been "one of those days"... please remind me why I went to the gym again?

Thanks to 21 Day Fix I don't have these kinds of days anymore.  I workout every, single day. When it's convenient for me. Sometimes I get up at 6:00 a.m. so I can have a little bit of quiet time before I exercise. Sometimes it happens at 7:30 a.m. when I get up with my kids. Sometimes I get my workout done at 2:00 p.m. when the kids are having quiet time watching a movie or playing in their rooms. Sometimes it's a 9:00 p.m. when the kids are asleep.  Doesn't matter. I don't have to worry about it. I make it a priority and it gets done when it works for me and the kids.

I also no longer eat "whatever". The 21 Day Fix has taught me that making healthy food choices are just as easy as the microwave chicken nuggets when I take a day or two to plan and prep.  Do my kids still eat chicken nuggets, sure they do. Do I end up eating what they didn't? Not since I started with this program.  If I am feeling like I don't have time to make my lunch I have shakeology. It's that simple.   

The best part of all is I'm saving money!  I won't be dropping my daughter off at preschool early this year, I won't be dragging my youngest to the play center 2 days a week and paying for that hour of care. And that gym membership will more than likely not be renewed come February when my membership expires.  If I don't do all these things I will be saving our family approximately $700.00 this year.  My 21 Day Fix cost a fraction of that amount.  

My life is no longer hectic. I am no longer a slave to the gym. I have successfully managed to make eating right and exercising a priority in my life without the headache or hassle that it used to be.  Life is once again, simple.







No comments:

Post a Comment