21 Day Fix

Monday, September 22, 2014

Vacation Time!

Loving the Florida sun!

WOW! What a great family vacation we had. We traveled from Idaho to Florida in search of sun, sand and lots of fun and I must admit that Destin, Florida DID NOT disappoint! We were really just looking for a relaxing beach getaway. Not a ton of running around sight-seeing. Just hanging out at the beach and pool. Maybe hitting up a few local tourist spots and a dinner or two out. But that was it.

The beautiful white sand beaches of the Emerald Coast!

                                 
We typically find ourselves running here, there and everywhere in an attempt to "get it all in". And I personally find those types of vacations with two young children exhausting. So this was a great getaway for us that was very relaxing and completely stress-free!

Our motto for our trip!
                                                                                                       

This was the children's first trip to the ocean and it seems as if they may have had mixed feelings about it. First of all the beach in Florida even in September is HOT! My 2 1/2 year old was fine in the shade but out of the shade he was pretty miserable. He mainly enjoyed the pools (there were 3 to choose from at our resort as well as a lazy river). Our 4 year old liked the beach a bit more and wasn't too bothered by heat (perhaps because she enjoyed the waves?) or the sand. So we made it to the beach for at least a little bit each day.


Our little guy enjoying an overcast morning at the beach!
                         
                                   


Our very own "Little Mermaid!"

                                                         
The most stressful part of traveling this time for me was food. Not so much the actual part of being on vacation but flying. As anyone who has ever flown knows, airline food is a) over-priced and b) horrible! So I was a little stressed out about sticking to my healthy eating plan.

The night before I came up with a plan that would help me stick to healthy eating and am I glad I did!

I packed a small soft sided cooler with my 21 Day fix containers and packed the following:

  • Peanuts
  • Wheat Thins
  • Hummus
  • Strawberries
  • Celery
  • Two packets of Shakeology (individual packets)
  • Shakeology shaker cup (empty)
  • 2 gallon sized zip lock baggies


My 21 Day Fix containers
                                                        
                                                       
Once I got through security I went over to the McDonalds and filled one ziploc baggie full of ice then placed it in the other just in case to avoid any leaks. Then put the ice in my cooler bag! Then I bought a large bottle of water and filled my Shakeology shaker cup.

I was all ready for the flight! (I had also thrown some kid snacks into my carry on so they had snacks as well). We had boarded our first flight at 7:30 and literally had no time at our connection to stop and eat. We pretty much had to hustle through the airport to catch our connection! So, for lunch I added my vanilla Shakeology to the water that was left in my shaker cup and that was my lunch. We bought the kids snack packs on the plane.

On the second flight I still had plenty of healthy 21 Day Fix snacks to get me through the last hour and a half so my eating during travel was clean! Before we landed I dumped out the melted ice in the airplane bathroom sink.

As for the rest of the trip we mainly cooked at our condo (turkey sausage, veggies, salad) and had turkey wraps for lunches with hummus, fruit and fresh veggies that we dipped in hummus. We did go out for dinner a few times. And the great part about vacationing in a beach town in all the delicious seafood!  There were a few indulges (hush puppies, biscuits and gravy and some adult beverages) but they were in moderation and so very worth it!!!

A bucket of Bacardi Brian and I shared


Date Night!
                                                                
Hitting up the gym to make up for the Bacardi, hush puppies and biscuits and gravy!

                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment